Healthy Eating in Atlanta:
As much as I LOVE traveling and getting out of town, I also love spending time in my own city of Atlanta!
Atlanta has grown tremendously over the past four years. This is especially true in the health and wellness scene. The boutique gyms have popped up on every corner and health-conscious restaurants are the new trend. Whenever I get the chance to unwind and spend a weekend in town, I enjoy trying out new health spots and of coarse, re-visiting many of my favorites!
If it’s not food you’re looking for then check out my general Atlanta Wellness Guide here. This includes boutique gyms, spas and an infrared sauna!
Check out my Top Healthy Eating Restaurants in Atlanta, GA below:
Flower Child (Buckhead / Sandy Springs):
- Brand-new to Atlanta this year, Flower Child has all the bells and whistles of a health-focused restaurant. The food, drinks and even the walls of the restaurant are insta-worthy. Here you can find in-house brewed kombucha, rose-petal water, and cold-brew coffee along with grain bowls, salads, wraps and customized plates. My personal favorites (so far) are the vegan poke bowl (pickled beets, mushrooms, brown rice, ginger …), Mother Earth Bowl (ancient grains, sweet potatoes, avocado..), and the Avocado Hummus starter! New location opened up this fall in Sandy Springs.
Strive Foods (Sandy Springs):
- Somehow I did not discover this gem until I moved to Sandy Springs earlier this year. I first tried Strive Foods’ plant-based pizza flavors at various farmers markets around town. Now, I regularly pick up a full assortment of plant-based and delicious food items from the small shop in Sandy Springs (right near City Springs). Some of my favorite items include the buddha bowl, harvest cauliflower crusted pizza, supersede sliders, enchilada lasagna, chia parfait and last but not least, the caramel mocha bars!
Cafe Agora (Buckhead):
- If you are looking for delicious greek/turkish food for relatively good prices, look no further than Cafe Agora. The outdoor patio is dog friendly and makes for the perfect atmosphere on a nice summer evening! You can’t go wrong with the Maza Platter to start and the Mixed Gyro Plate entree with some greek vino on the side.
True Food Kitchen (Buckhead / Various in Atlanta Area):
- This spot has been my healthy staple since I moved to Atlanta. A chain restaurant with the best of the best healthy bites that appeals both to myself and the hubby. I honestly can’t say a bad thing about any item on the menu but if I had to pick some favorites, my list would look like this: Inside out quinoa burger, ancient grain bowl, teriyaki quinoa bowl, and the edamame dumplings or kale guacamole to start. You can also make any of the healthy juices/tonics into cocktails if you’re feeling like a night out!
Upbeet (West Midtown):
- One of my favorite health spots located in West Midtown. Upbeet is basically the Chipotle of my dreams. My personal favorites are the golden milk latte, blue majik little mermaid smoothie bowl (pictured below), macro or curry up grain bowl, and the coconut kale salad.
Cafe West Express (Buckhead):
- Easy and clean-eating lunch staple. Not cheap but worth the health-conscious splurge every once and a while. My go-to order is the delicious and filling Earth Burger on a salad with turmeric caesar dressing, baked sweet potato wedges, and a blueberry hemp smoothie. There are also cleanse packages that include their tasty soup concoctions.
Kale Me Crazy:
- Yet another great breakfast or lunch staple with locations all over Atlanta, Georgia. This is a chain so you can likely find one relatively close if you live in the Brookhaven, Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Inman Park or Midtown area. Healthy places never seem to be cheap but every once and a while I still want to treat myself to a non-home cooked clean meal. My go-to (nearly every time) is the kale salad/quinoa salad combo or the Grounded smoothie post-workout!
Recess (Midtown/Inman Park):
- Although not the easiest or most convenient place to get to from Buckhead, I love all the great foodie choices in Krog Street Market along the belt-line. Recess is relatively new and has been the perfect, healthy addition to the market. I love the Harvest Moon salad, Avocado Toast, Curried Cauliflower, and No Spring Chicken sandwich. Their Kombucha Margarita is also on-par for a “healthy-cocktail”!
SAMA Food for Balance (Buckhead):
- If you want an all-around reset both in your eating and the atmosphere in which you eat, head to Sama. The menu is full of delicious bowls and smoothies all based around Ayurveda principles and fresh ingredients. My personal favorites are the Paleo Bowl, Liquid Gold latte, and the Super C brekkie bowl. This was one of the few spots I could actually go to during my month trying out Whole30 (big win when you are over cooking in-house meals!) * Also bonus- they offer meditation classes!